Scouting is Family Oriented. Activities are intended for the whole family and you have the opportunity to work with your son on his various requirements.
The Cub Scout Den:
- Your son would be a member of a Cub Scout Den.
- The Den generally meets once a week.
- The Den is lead by a Den Leader (usually a parent).
- The Den Leader is assisted by an Assistant Den Leader and a Den Chief (a Boy Scout).
- Den meetings have games, crafts, songs, ceremonies, and are lots of fun and all geared toward completing requirements.
The Cub Scout Pack:
- Your son's Den belongs to the Pack.
- The Pack meets once a month - ALL Cub Scout families have the opportunity to attend.
- The monthly meeting is led by the Cubmaster.
- Pack meetings are a time to socialize with other Scouting families, learn about upcoming activities, and recognize the accomplishments of the Scouts.
The Pack Committee:
- The Pack is run by the Pack Committee made up of adult leaders and interested parents.
- The committee meets once a month.
- The committee is lead by a chairperson.
- The committee plans pack meetings and activities.
Your Chartered Organization:
- The pack is supported by a Chartered Organization (usually a Church or School).
- The chartered organization approves leaders, provides a meeting place, and helps to operate packs within the guidelines and policies of the chartered organization and the BSA.
- The chartered organization selects a representative to serve as liaison between the organization and the pack.